These are the device requirements for enrolling macOS, iOS and tvOS devices into your datajar.mobi solution.
General Device Requirements
- All devices must be fully erased prior to enrolment into datajar.mobi
- All remote support and remote project delivery is via TeamViewer. For more details, see dataJAR Remote Support and Remote Project Delivery Requirements.
macOS Specific Requirements
- The minimum supported macOS version is macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
- Devices running macOS High Sierra (10.13+) must be enrolled via Automated Device Enrolment (Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager). This is due to User-Approved MDM changes (Apple - Prepare for changes to kernel extensions in macOS High Sierra).
- For macOS devices running older versions of macOS, this is still highly recommended
- An internet connection of 50Mbps or higher is strongly recommended for macOS deployments
iOS Specific Requirements
- The minimum support iOS version is iOS 11
- Device running iOS 11+ must be enrolled via Automated Device Enrolment (Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager).
- Devices running iOS 11 or newer that aren't in a Automated Device Enrolment Program can be added via Apple Configurator 2 (Adding iOS devices to ADE with Apple Configurator)
- If enrolling / reenrolling iOS devices with an iCloud backup restore, the backup will need to be restored to a different device then the one it was taken from. This is an Apple technical limitation.
tvOS Specific Requirements
- The minimum supported tvOS version is tvOS 11.4.1
- The minimum support Apple TV models are 4th generation
- Apple TV 4K or newer models must be enrolled via a Automated Device Enrolment Program (Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager). This must be completed by the reseller.
- For other Apple TV models, this is still highly recommended
If you require further assistance or support, please contact our support team.