Your datajar.mobi instance can be linked to your Entra ID tenant using the Cloud Identity Provider integration. This allows datajar.mobi to read additional attributes and Entra ID group memberships for users of 1:1 devices. The result is a richer inventory experience and greater capability for deploying apps and settings to devices based on an assigned user's Entra ID groups.
It complements and works hand in hand with Entra ID SSO integration: Requirements for connecting Jamf Pro to Azure AD over SSO
This is a modern replacement for the previously used Azure AD DS LDAPS integration and uses the Microsoft Graph API to surface data from Entra ID in place of LDAP queries. AD DS licensing is not required for this integration.
For additional information, please refer to Microsoft Entra ID Integration - Jamf Pro Documentation
A member of your team with the Global Administrator role in your Entra ID tenant
- Access to a shared remote session (TeamViewer/Zoom/Teams etc) on one of your computers with your Entra ID Global Administrator
- As part of the integration process, the engineer will need to sign into your datajar.mobi portal and your Global Administrator will need to sign into your Entra ID portal on the same computer to allow permissions for the integration to connect
- If you have a Hybrid environment (on-premises Active Directory synchronised with Entra ID)
- Your Entra ID directory needs to be synchronised with your LDAP directory using Entra ID Connect
- If your on-premises Active Directory usernames are different from the local part of the Entra ID username (User Principal Name), the attribute providing the AD username (this is usually onpremisessamaccountname)
Need further support?
Automate. Simplify. Succeed. If you still require assistance with us or have any further questions, please raise a ticket with our support team.
Alternatively, please see our frequently updated knowledge base articles for reference.