For datajar.mobi education customers wishing to deploy Adobe Creative Cloud software titles to shared computers dataJAR can install your Shared Device License as part of the deployment for those applications.
Shared Device Licensing is a licensing method targeted at educational institutions where software is assigned to a device instead of an individual. Anyone who logs on to the device will have access to Adobe's products and services.
Shared Device Licensing is required in your Adobe Creative Cloud plan for dataJAR to deploy this to your shared computers. For further details please see https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/enterprise/using/licensing.html
dataJAR requires that you generate a Shared Device License package that only contains the license and Creative Cloud Desktop App.
For further details on how to create Adobe Creative Cloud Shared Device Licensing packages using the Admin Console, please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/enterprise/using/create-sdl-packages.html
- Log into your Adobe Admin Console and navigate to Packages > Packages
- Choose Create a Package
- Select Shared Device Licensing
- Choose the correct Entitlement from the list
- On the Configure screen, select the following options:
- Platform: macOS (Universal)
- Language: English (International)
- Use OS Locale (Seleted)
- On the Choose Apps screen, ensure only the License File and Creative Cloud Desktop Application are in the Selected application list
- Do not include any Plugins
- On the Options screen, disable (untick) all options except for the following:
- Disable File Syncing (ticked - recommended to prevent high disk space usage on shared computers)
- On the Finalize screen, name the package as follows:
- adobe-device-license-cc-20xx-1.0 to reflect the major version, e.g for 2023, name the package as: adobe-device-license-cc-2023-1.0
- After building the package, it should automatically download to your computer. On a Mac, this will be a download application inside a DMG (disk image) file. Ensure you run the downloader to obtain the actual Shared Device License package. This should be a zip file that is usually between 1-2GB in size. For further details, please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/enterprise/kb/adobe-package-downloader.html
- Send the zip file to your dataJAR systems engineer - they will provide a location for you to upload it to
Need further support?
Automate. Simplify. Succeed. If you still require assistance with us or have any further questions, please raise a ticket with our support team.
Alternatively, please see our frequently updated knowledge base articles for reference.