This document describes the default mobile device (iOS/iPadOS/tvOS) Software Update configuration and user experience for datajar.mobi managed devices. With mobile devices, it is only possible to leverage the built-in software update frameworks and mechanisms provided by Apple's MDM specification that are made available from Apple and Jamf.
This document covers software updates including major operating system upgrades, minor operating system updates and managed applications deployed through Managed Distribution/Volume Purchase (Apple Business Manager/Apple School Manager):
Examples of what is covered:
- iOS 14.x to iOS 15.x
- iOS 15.2 to iOS 15.4
- A managed version of Microsoft Word updating through Managed Distribution/Volume Purchase.
Examples of what is not covered:
- Any application installed through the App Store, Testflight or other means not managed by dataJAR.
For operating system updates
- Mobile devices will check for and prompt users to install operating system updates for major and minor versions of iOS/iPadOS/tvOS.
- Users have the option to override this configuration and enable automatic operating system updates which will attempt to install overnight. dataJAR cannot manage this preference or control when updates are installed automatically.
- When Apple releases a major version of a mobile operating system, users can decide whether to upgrade to this version or update to the latest minor version of the currently installed operating system. dataJAR can optionally manage this preference by sending a management command to devices. This must be performed as a manual action after a device has enrolled successfully (wiping and re-enrolling a device will revert the setting to its default):
- Allow users to install only the latest major version
- Allow users to install only the latest minor version of the currently installed version
- Allow users to install any available later software version
- A 15-day software update deferral is applied as part of the default device Restrictions settings which can be removed through the Simplified Management portal. The deferral will prevent mobile devices from installing operating system updates for 15 days until after they are released. If you wish to change this option for your datajar.mobi instance, please submit a support request.
- In Settings -> General -> Software Update, the message "Your iPhone/iPad is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator" is displayed.
- Use the Simplified Management application/portal or submit a support request asking dataJAR to send commands to devices to download and install the latest supported available operating system update.
- For shared devices and Apple TV, updates will install automatically. Users will see a warning and devices will restart automatically after one minute.
- For 1:1 or shared devices with a passcode, users will be prompted to install updates and enter their passcode to proceed. They can cancel this prompt.
- To enforce the update so it installs automatically, use Simplified Management to clear the passcode on the device before updating it.
For managed application updates
- The management service will check for new versions of applications overnight and if new versions are available, attempt to install them on devices.
- Devices may or may not install applications right away if they are offline, locked or the application is open and in use. The operating system will attempt to manage this automatically and install the application at the next available opportunity. This behaviour is outside dataJAR's control.
- dataJAR can arbitrarily send commands to install updates for "stubborn" applications on a pre-device or per-application basis, or for all applications at once.
- In exceptional circumstances, dataJAR can disable automatic updates for all applications globally. When this is disabled, individual application updates can be re-enabled on a per-application basis. It is not possible to selectively disable updates for individual applications when automatic updates are enabled globally.
- dataJAR cannot deploy specific versions of managed applications. Managed Distribution/Volume Purchase is limited by Apple to deploying the latest available version a target device supports at the time the deployment is made.
If you encounter issues with installing software updates for mobile devices, please follow the steps in this article: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201435
If you continue to have problems, please submit a support request to us and we will be happy to assist.
- Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (Apple): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204204
- Update your Apple TV (Apple): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202716
- If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't update (Apple): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201435
- Manage software updates for Apple devices (Apple): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/deployment/depc4c80847a/web
- Manage software updates in your organisation (Apple WWDC 2021): https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10129
Need further support?
If you still require assistance with us or have any further questions, please raise a ticket with our support team.
Alternatively, please see our frequently updated knowledge base articles for reference.