With the release of iOS 12.2, Apple have changed the behaviour of how mobile configuration profiles are installed via Safari, this includes User Initiated enrolment into an MDM.
When a user is guided to install profiles such as MDM Profiles, they will no longer be automatically brought to the Settings.app to install and approve the profile. Instead, users are shown a message that informs them they must navigate to the Settings app to install the profile.
This is a security feature to make it harder for users to install rogue profiles by mistake.
If the user does not install the configuration profile within 8 minutes , it is deleted.
Below is the new user experience of manually enrolling into JAMF on an iOS 12.2 device.
1. User enters their credentials for enrolment.
2. User is prompted to continue the enrolment.
3. The user is prompted to allow the download of the mobile enrolment configuration profile.
4. The user is informed the configuration profile has downloaded and they must manually go into the Settings app to install it.
5. The user now has to manually open the Settings app. Here you will find a new option to list downloaded profiles.
6. You can then select the configuration profile and choose to install it.
7. There device is now enrolled