dataJAR utilises a number of technologies and software to provide the datajar.mobi service. With a new macOS release, these items will need to be tested to ensure full compatibility. This article has been written to provide a status on these areas, as well as other compatibility for other commonly used software titles.
All dataJAR applications and services have been tested and marked as compatible with Intel macOS devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0.1).
The following software published by dataJAR has been tested and is compatible with Intel or Apple Silicon macOS devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0.1):
- Auto-Update Catalogue Browser
- datajar.mobi enrolment and management
- dataJAR Defend
- dataJAR Simplified Management for macOS
- Jamf Switcher
- Munki Catalog Browser
The following services require the installation of Apple's Rosetta emulation solution, to run on Apple Silicon macOS devices:
- Auto-Update for datajar.mobi
- Auto-Update for Jamf
3rd Party Software
Most software will run under Apple's Rosetta emulation solution, but may have issues with Apple Silicon devices. If in doubt, it is recommended to check with your software vender/s.
The following 3rd party software has specific compatibility requirements for devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0.1) :
- Cisco AnyConnect - requires version 4.9.04043+
- Jamf Protect - requires version 18.104.22.168 (2020-10-12)+
- Munki - requires the Apple Rosetta emulation solution to run on Apple Silicon devices
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2019 - requires the Apple Rosetta emulation solution to run on Apple Silicon devices
The following 3rd party software is not compatible with devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0):
- Native Instruments TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK3 - unknown ETA
- Sophos Endpoint Protector - unknown ETA
- Google Drive File Stream - unknown ETA
If you require further assistance or support, please contact our support team.