dataJAR utilises a number of technologies and software to provide the datajar.mobi service. With a new macOS release, these items will need to be tested to ensure full compatibility. This article has been written to provide a status on these areas, as well as other compatibility for other commonly used software titles.
All dataJAR applications and services have been tested and marked as compatible with Intel macOS devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0.1).
The following software published by dataJAR has been tested and is compatible with Intel or Apple Silicon macOS devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0.1):
- Auto-Update Catalogue Browser
- datajar.mobi enrolment and management
- dataJAR Defend
- dataJAR Simplified Management for macOS
- Jamf Switcher
- Munki Catalog Browser
The following services require the installation of Apple's Rosetta emulation solution, to run on Apple Silicon macOS devices:
- Auto-Update for datajar.mobi
- Auto-Update for Jamf
Kernel Extensions (KEXTs) and Apple Silicon devices
On Apple Silicon devices, for applications using legacy Kernel Extensions where we deploy a configuration profile to approve them, the first local user must be an administrator. After enrolment when the Mac reboots, the Mac will prompt for the user's password. If the user is created as a standard user, the following error will be displayed:
Recovery is trying to change system settings.
No administrator was found.
3rd Party Software
Most software will run under Apple's Rosetta emulation solution, but may have issues with Apple Silicon devices. If in doubt, it is recommended to check with your software vender/s.
The following 3rd party software has specific compatibility requirements for devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0.1) :
- Adobe Creative Cloud - packaging and deploying Adobe apps to Apple Silicon devices is not supported yet
- BitDefender - not currently compatible with Apple Silicon devices
- Box Drive - not currently compatible with Apple Silicon devices
- Cisco AnyConnect - requires version 4.9.04043+
- Jamf Protect - requires version 18.104.22.168 (2020-10-12)+
- Lightspeed Relay Smart Agent - requires version 1.5.0 which is scheduled for release soon (currently in beta).
- Munki - requires the Apple Rosetta emulation solution to run on Apple Silicon devices
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2019 - requires the Apple Rosetta emulation solution to run on Apple Silicon devices
- Sophos Endpoint Protection - Requires version 10.0.1a.
The following 3rd party software is not compatible with devices running macOS Big Sur (10.16/11.0):
- Native Instruments TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK3 - unknown ETA
- Google Drive File Stream - ETA April 2021
If you require further assistance or support, please contact our support team.