In an increasingly mobile workforce, with employees working from different locations on different devices, organizations need to be able to manage and secure those devices and their company information without the challenges of binding to on-premises Active Directory. With Jamf Connect, a user can unbox their Mac, power it on and access all of their corporate applications after signing on with a single set of cloud-identity credentials.
If you would like to find out more about Jamf Connect for your organisation, please see dataJAR Identity Management
The following lists the minimum device requirements for Jamf Connect:
OS: macOS 10.14 and newer
In order to deliver your Jamf Connect project, the implementation Engineer will require the following items:
- Access to the below supported Identity Provider (IdP) with correct security privileges to configure the Jamf Connect Application (see Integrating with an Identity Provider)
- Google Identity
- IBM Cloud Identity
- Microsoft Azure AD
- Access to a minimum of one test macOS device enrolled in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager, running macOS 10.14 or newer
- Access and credentials for a minimum of one test Identity Provider (IdP) user
- (Optional) A copy of a desired Login Window background image, in JPEG or PNG format ensuring it is off the resolution 5120 × 2880 (144ppi)
- (Optional) A copy of a desired Logo image, in JPEG or PNG format with a recommended resolution of 512 × 512 (144ppi)
- (For Azure and Azure Hybrid systems) New App registered / created in Azure for Jamf Connect (see Integrating with Microsoft Azure AD) with "https://127.0.0.1/jamfconnect" used for the Redirect URI
- (For Azure and Azure Hybrid systems) Details of the Client ID for the new Azure App
- (For Azure Hybrid systems) A fully configured and operational installation of Federated Integration (AD FS) or Password Hash Synchronization/Pass-through Authentication, with ADFS v4 (2016) or higher
- (For Azure Hybrid systems) New App registered / created in ADFS for Jamf Connect(see Federated Integrations and Jamf Connect Login and Hybrid Azure AD / ADFS) with "https://127.0.0.1/jamfconnect" used for the Redirect URI
- (For Azure Hybrid systems) Details of the Client ID for the new ADFS App and the ADFS OpenID Connect Discovery URL
For more information regarding Jamf Connect and FileVault, please review our KB Considerations for using FileVault with Jamf Connect.
If you require further assistance or support, please contact our support team.