When migrating from a legacy redemption code distribution model to managed distribution, it's important that the following points are understood:
- All previously purchased redemption codes that haven’t been redeemed or that were redeemed with Apple Configurator will be converted to managed distribution.
- All orders that meet the above criteria will be converted unless previously refunded.
- Codes for Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, and GarageBand that were granted by Apple are not eligible for conversion. You can submit a new request at https://vpp-fulfill.apple.com.
- The migration from redemption codes to managed distribution can’t be reversed.
- Managed distribution requires either iOS 7 or later or OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later.
- A mobile device management (MDM) solution or Apple Configurator 2 is required for managed distribution.
- In rare instances, not all items can be converted. For those items, your existing codes can still be used.
- Content that has been migrated to managed distribution will work for 30 days if not redistributed via managed distribution.
For more information on migrating from redemption codes to managed distribution, see this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6015