- To boot into OS X Recovery, the first thing you need to do is to restart your Mac. While restarting, hold down CMD + R until the Apple logo appears. If you time it right, you will enter the recovery mode.
- Go to Utilities > Terminal to open a Terminal. In Terminal, type
resetpasswordand press Enter.
- You will now be presented with the Reset Password window. Next, select your drive.
- From the drop-down under "Select the user account:", choose your account.
- Type in your new password: **********.
- Click Save and Reboot your Mac.
If you are still experiencing issues, please contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.