iMovie, GarageBand, Keynote, Pages, and Numbers are free on the App Store for Volume Purchase Program (VPP) customers with qualifying iOS 8-compatible devices activated or purchased on or after September 1, 2013.
To request these apps for your qualifying devices, you will need:
• The Apple ID you used to enroll in the VPP.
• For iOS 8-compatible devices bought after September 1, 2013, a copy of your original sales receipt with the number of eligible devices clearly marked.
• For iOS 8-compatible devices bought before September 1, 2013 but activated after September 1, 2013, include a document with the serial number of each one of your qualifying devices, in addition to the copy of your sales receipt.
Managed Distribution or Redemption Codes?
We recommend using Redemption Codes for all "Shared Use" devices, these are devices currenly managed by Apple Configurator with only a deployment Apple ID associated. For all "1:1" devices please ensure Apple's Managed Distribution licensing is requested. These are recommendations, however please choose the option that is best for your institution.
In five to seven business days, after Apple verify your information:
• If you selected content codes Apple will send you a password protected file containing your content codes. Apple will also send you a separate email shortly after with your password to open the codes file.
• If you selected managed distribution, Apple will credit the versions to your account and send you an email letting you know.
For information on managed distribution and on the differences between codes and managed distribution versions, see this article:
For information on Apple Configurator and how to use VPP redemption codes, see this article:
To redeem your content codes on individual Apple IDs, see this article:
If you require assistance, please email email@example.com