Management for iOS
The Management app is an iOS app that runs on iPhone, iPod or iPad. It allows your administrators access to the inventory of your enrolled Apple devices, as well as access to some commonly used management commands.
The following requirements must be in place to use the Management app:
- You must be a datajar.mobi customer
- Your iPhone/iPod or iPad must be running iOS 11+
- You will need a web API key (license key) which will be provided by the support team at dataJAR.
Installing the App
The easiest way to deploy the app is via the Volume Purchase Program (VPP). The app is free of charge, so purchase enough copies for your requirements.
The URL to the app in iTunes is: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/datajar-management/id1363593133?mt=8
Once you have purchased the Management app, let our support team at dataJAR know and they can deploy it for you, along with your unique web API key.
Using the App
When you first launch the app, you will be asked to set a four-digit pin code for security purposes.
After setting this, and on subsequent launches, you will be asked to enter the four-digit pin code. On devices with biometric sensors, you can use Touch-ID or Face-ID to authenticate.
Once you have authenticated, the app comprises four main screens.
The first screen is your settings screen.
Here you can enter the URL for your management server and API key. If the app was deployed via VPP, then these will be completed for you.
The second option is to change the four-digit pin code you set when you first launched the app.
The final option is for customers with large Apple estates. By default, the app tries to pre-fetch all the details it needs in one go. For customers with many hundreds of devices, this can cause a delay before you get them all listed. By turning this off, the app will fetch the data on demand.
Computer Inventory List
The next screen is your computer inventory. Here you can see the complete list of computers enrolled into your management server.
If you partially pull the list down, a search bar will be revealed to allow you to search for known devices.
To refresh the list, pull the table down as far it will go. While the app is fetching the list of computers, you will see a spinning cog.
At the top right of the screen is the 'edit' button. This allows you to perform a number of tasks on a batch of computers.
When you press edit, a toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen. This will make the batch management tasks you can perform available. The list of computers will also now allow you to select which of them you wish to work on.
The options in the toolbar will only become available once you have selected one or more computers.
The options available are:
- Update role: This will allow you to change the role the computer has been assigned to. You will be presented with a list of all the roles available, you can then simply select the new role and the computers will be immediately re-assigned.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM): This will allow you to perform the following tasks:
- Send a blank push to test Apple Push Notifications
- Flush out any failed management commands
Just tap cancel to come out of this mode.
Computer Detail View
If you tap any computer, you will be presented with a more detailed view for that computer.
Here you get a bit more detail for that specific computer including:
- Name of computer
- Serial number
- When the computer last checked-in
- When the inventory was last updated
- Current assigned role
- Asset tag
- DEP status
- Active Directory status
- FileVault status
If you tap the role, you will be presented with an option to change the computer's role. Select the new role and tap the 'save' button.
You can also remove this computer from its current restrictions and also remove the computer from management.
At the top there is an MDM button which gives you the same options as before, except these are only applied to the selected computer.
Mobile Inventory List
The next screen is your mobile inventory where you can see a complete list of iOS devices enrolled in your management server. Like the computer’s inventory, you can search and pull to refresh.
Select 'edit' to get access to the bulk management commands for mobile devices. Here you have more options available than those in the computer section.
- Update Role: Here you can change the role for the selected mobile devices
- Update Inventory: Here you can force the devices to refresh their inventory. After the inventory update, anything not installed or missing will auto-install on those devices.
- Clear Passcode: You can clear the passcode set on the selected devices
- Flush Failed Commands: This will remove any failed commands
- Lost Mode: You can put a batch of devices into Lost Mode. The app will ask you for the message you wish to display on the lock screen. To revoke Lost Mode, or to find the device’s location, tap on a single device to go to its detailed screen. There you will have options to disable Lost Mode as well as update any location information.
- Blank Push: Send a blank push to test Apple Push Notifications
Mobile Detail View
Like the computer section, if you tap an individual mobile device, you will be presented with its detailed view.
Again, you get extra information here for the selected mobile device including:
- Name of the device
- Its serial number
- Its model
- Last inventory update
- Its current role - again if you tap the role, you will be given the option to change it.
- Its storage capacity
At the top there is an MDM button.
This will give you the same options as the previous screen plus a few additional items:
- If the device is in Lost Mode, you will get the option to Disable Lost Mode.
- If the device is in Lost Mode, you will have the option to get the device’s current location and also view a map of where that location is.
You can also rename the device, change its role, remove the device from restrictions and also remove the device from management.
The final screen gives you a summary of how many devices and which types you have enrolled in your management server.
If you require further assistance or support, please contact our support team.