This article details the changes and features of the Auto-Update application that are new to version 1.2 (released October 2021).
New Features and Enhancements
- The Auto-Update Extension Attribute has been updated for macOS Monterey. If you have an Auto-Update subscription you can find this updated Extension Attribute within your Google Drive share. Please update this Auto-Update Extension Attribute prior to any macOS Monterey testing. If you have a datajar.mobi fully-managed or hybrid subscription, we will be updating the Extension Attribute for you.
- Support has been added to allow installation of titles which only install to a certain processor architecture, such as an Apple Silicon version of a title.
- The Auto-Update policy script preflight and postflight have had their logging adjusted to reflect what can be found in this article. If you have an Auto-Update subscription, we have updated the package within your Google Drive share and the policy script. If you have a datajar.mobi fully-managed or hybrid subscription, we will be uploading and deploying these updated components for you.
- The Auto-Update package is now signed, as are all the included packages. If you have an Auto-Update subscription we have updated the package within your Google Drive share, if you have a datajar.mobi subscription we will be uploading and deploying this package for you.
- The bundled Python is now signed, for the signing details please see this article.
- The Auto-Update.app has had a cosmetic update, and appears at the below in Dark Mode and Light Mode respectively:
- Due to changes within Jamf Pro 10.31.0, the profiles for Auto-Update might show as having “Unknown Keys”. The profiles for Auto-Update have been updated to stop these prompts, and for more information see: https://docs.jamf.com/10.31.0/jamf-pro/release-notes/New_Features_and_Enhancements.html. If you have an Auto-Update subscription we have updated the profiles within your Google Drive shares, if you have a datajar.mobi fully-managed or hybrid subscription we will be updating these profiles for you.
- Auto-Update preflight - 3.2
- Auto-Update postflight - 2.2
- Auto-Update policy script - 2.1
- Auto-Update Notifier - 2.2.3
- Auto-Update Extension Attribute - 2.0
- Munki - 5.5.1
- Python - 3.9.5
Need further support?
Automate. Simplify. Succeed. If you still require assistance with us or have any further questions, please raise a ticket with our support team.
Alternatively, please see our frequently updated knowledge base articles for reference.