These are the device requirements for enrolling macOS, iOS and tvOS devices into your datajar.mobi solution.
General Device Requirements
- All devices must be fully erased prior to enrolment into datajar.mobi
macOS Specific Requirements
- The minimum supported macOS version is macOS El Captain (10.11.6)
- Devices running macOS High Sierra (10.13+) must be enrolled via a Device Enrolment Program (Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager). This is due to User-Approved MDM changes (Apple - Prepare for changes to kernel extensions in macOS High Sierra).
- For macOS devices running older versions of macOS, this is still highly recommended
- An internet connection of 50Mbps or higher is strongly recommended for macOS deployments
iOS Specific Requirements
- The minimum support iOS version is iOS 9
- Device running iOS 11+ must be enrolled via a Device Enrolment Program (Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager).
- Devices running iOS 11 or newer that aren't in a Device Enrolment Program can be added via Apple Configurator 2 (Adding iOS devices to DEP with Apple Configurator)
- If enrolling / reenrolling iOS devices with an iCloud backup restore, the backup will need to be restored to a different device then the one it was taken from. This is an Apple technical limitation.
tvOS Specific Requirements
- The minimum supported tvOS version is tvOS 10.2
- The minimum support Apple TV models are 4th generation
- Apple TV 4K or newer models must be enrolled via a Device Enrolment Program (Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager). This must be completed by the reseller.
- For other Apple TV models, this is still highly recommended
If you require further assistance or support, please contact our support team.